Tuesday, September 3, 2013

2 months old



Emma is 2 months old!  I know I say this often, but time is really going by so fast.  Here's what's new with her:

- she is talking a LOT. We don't know what she is saying but we always engage in conversation with her.  This helps her language skills down the road
- she loves to play.  It's so fun for Randy and I to interact with her.  When we play with her she smiles and laughs.
- she is still sleeping well at night. She goes to bed around 9:00pm, wakes up at 4:00am for a feeding, and then goes back to sleep until 6:30am.
- she is so strong!  She can roll on to her side, hold her head up, and support her weight on her chubby little legs.  One of our favorite games is for me to hold her under her armpits whiles she stands on my stomach.

We took Emma up to the cabin for the first time over Labor Day weekend.  This was also our first time traveling with her.  She did great!  She slept the whole way in the car, only waking up when we stopped for gas and groceries.   I changed her and nursed her when we stopped, and she would be out again as soon as we got back on the road.  She loved being at the cabin, looking at all the trees and feeling the breeze on her skin.  I was worried about nighttime but she slept fairly well.  We only had one bad night, and I think that happened because she was over stimulated and did not have enough quiet time before bed.  It was great to spend time with family and relax at the cabin.  However it was also really nice to be back at home and in our routine.

This week school starts for me.  I will be in class on Wednesday night and Saturday morning.  Randy will be taking care of Emma while I'm in class.  I have been pumping in preparation for this, so he will have at least one full bottle of breastmilk to give her.  If she eats all of that then we supplement with formula.  I just keep telling myself she's not going to starve and she will be okay even if she's crying.  Randy is amazing and I know that he will get into his own routine with her.  I'll be sure to report back to update you all on how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment